The Big Picture...

I've always had a knack for being able to take the occasional good snap shot (haven't most of us?). However I want to take my photography to the 'next level' so I've set myself a goal: mastering property photography.
This blog shares my journey along my way to mastery of property photography, from the outset to where I am now, and gives you the opportunity to get involved too.

Project Status...

Project 52 AU (a project by Evan Walters to photograph 52 Canberra-region properties in 52 weeks) is currently in "pre-season" status and kicks off September 1, 2009.
I am quickly running out of rooms in my own home to photograph. If you have access to a presentable property in the Canberra region I need your help. I'd love to photograph your property for you. Please contact me.

My Master Bedroom

This is the first photo I took on the day. It was about 3.30pm in the afternoon (an hour or two of sunlight remaining at this time of year). The room faces north (which means that it gets the sun all day). The sun was starting to set so there was strong sunlight being bounced off a cream-ish coloured wall to the right hand side of the shot.

What I learnt from this photoshoot:
1. Establish a pre-shoot checklist which includes checking the camera settings. There was plenty of light in the room so this shot shouldn't have been taken at ISO 2000. I just didn't check and didn't realise until after I reviewed my photos.
2. Always always always check the viewfinder before taking the shot. Most of my other shots from this session show the clutter under the bed. Additionally, shots taken from the window side of the room showing the wall to wall wardrobe feature a closed door (trying to keep the cats out) which has the result of making the room feel small and closed in.

To view the EXIF Info please click the image as I have posted these details on Flickr. As always I'd love to have your feedback on my work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

arwen's nursery : canberra property photography

my home theater entertainment room

confused weather

kitchen

master bedroom

twilight shot

living room

home cinema