The Big Picture...

I've always had a knack for being able to take the occasional good snap shot (haven't most of us?). However I want to take my photography to the 'next level' so I've set myself a goal: mastering property photography.
This blog shares my journey along my way to mastery of property photography, from the outset to where I am now, and gives you the opportunity to get involved too.

Project Status...

Project 52 AU (a project by Evan Walters to photograph 52 Canberra-region properties in 52 weeks) is currently in "pre-season" status and kicks off September 1, 2009.
I am quickly running out of rooms in my own home to photograph. If you have access to a presentable property in the Canberra region I need your help. I'd love to photograph your property for you. Please contact me.

Big Picture Thoughts on Where...

Bart: OK, we're young, rich, and full of sugar.
What do we do?
Milhouse: [yelling] Let's go crazy, Broadway style!
Both: [singing]
Springfield, Springfield, it's a hell of a town:
The schoolyard's up and the shopping mall's down.
The stray dogs go to the animal pound,
Bart: Springfield, Springfield!
Milhouse: Springfield, Springfield!
Sailor: New York, New York!
Bart: New York is that-a-way, man!
Sailor: Thanks, kid!
Both: [singing] It's a hell of a...toooown!


Substitute Springfield for Canberra, and New York for Sydney or Melbourne, and I think this song captures the emotion I feel when I think of the small town that I live in (chuck in all the enthusiasm and youthfulness of these two for good measure). I just don't understand why the rest of the country just doesn't get it. Anyway, I'm off topic!

If you live anywhere in this space...



Or anywhere within an hour's drive of it, you are eligible to help me with my project. In fact, if you live within that space, or within an hour of it, call me on 0425 335 813, email me at Project52AU@gmail.com, or get in touch with me via facebook (the links on the left side of the screen) right now, I'd love to photograph your home!


**Update: **

One thought keeps whizzing around, and around, and around, and around inside my brain regarding 'where' so I'll share it with you.

When I was lucky enough to last visit the south coast, I was shocked by the overall level of property photos I could look at in order to find a place that I actually wanted to stay in (thankfully a friend recommended a place that was just divine). But it got me thinking, in fact, perhaps it was the catalyst that got me to where I am today.

How do people find your holiday home on the coast?

Word of mouth, real estate agents, print brochures, the internet.

That's right! Potentially, TERRIBLE photos are being in conjunction with your real estate INVESTMENT. If every care and attention to detail hasn't been taken to maximise the appearance of your holiday rental (south coast or otherwise) how many people are turning away as a result?

Now I have to admit the south coast is a little out of my way. But I thought I'd put it out there. Generally I don't think the real estate photos of Canberra are too bad, but when it comes to south coast holiday homes its a different story. If you think I could help, please give me a call, or drop me an email, let's get in touch and discuss it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

arwen's nursery : canberra property photography

my home theater entertainment room

confused weather

kitchen

master bedroom

twilight shot

living room

home cinema